Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Silly Site o' the Day

So I came into work to find out that my phone extension was given as the contact number for a maintenance position in our building, and I'm positively inundated with job-seekers. It would have been nice to have been informed and, you know, given the information I needed to ask these folks, particularly as I've never interviewed anyone before in my 25+ year career. At this point I've given up and sent all calls to my voice mail, after recording a new message aimed at the applicants; as I'm fairly Pavlovian it's been hard not to pick up the phone each time it rings, but it would be far harder to concentrate on getting things done with the constant interruption. Wish I were one of the Live Girls; they don't seem to have any phone problems, but of course they could be lying about that! Link via pretty much everyone, but I got it e-mailed personally from the still-unsyndicated Eva Whitley so that always counts more with me.

0 comments: