Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, December 21, 2003

Laying In

The latkes were perfect for dinner last night, plus I made an English breakfast this morning, and thus I find myself way too tired and lazy and achy (the grating took the better part of an hour) to stay out of bed for long today. It's been way too long since we've had a good lay-in (especially a quiet one!), and I'll be heading back now to enjoy some more comics reading (I'm reading this one now, in keeping with the season) and movie watching (two Judy Garland musicals in a row so far, and the George C. Scott Christmas Carol yet to come). So I'll leave you for now with a recommendation to go read Lisa English's brilliant essay on Crappy Little Countries (welcome back, Lisa!) and a link to the Silly Site o' the Day, courtesy of Avedon Carol and at least one other person on my blogroll whom I can't recall at the moment: Create Your Own Mr. Picassohead!

0 comments: