Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, November 28, 2003

Friday Cat Blogging (™ Kevin Drum)

As this may be my last entry before leaving for Mid-Ohio Con, I thought I'd go out in style, as it were, by first "showing off" my Thanksgiving plate from yesterday:

Pictured, clockwise from upper left: Turkey, combo mix of squash and mashed potato (looked like squash, tasted like potato), chestnut puree, candied yam, the green stuff is brussel sprouts, the dark stuff is whole cranberry sauce, and finally the stuffing. Not pictured: gravy, dessert (pumpkin pie and homemade cinnamon apples) and drinks (apple cider for me, egg nog for Robin). For the record, I ate maybe a third of what you see on this plate, but I look forward to the leftovers upon my return.

Speaking of which, kitties say "see ya later":

I leave Pen-Elayne on the Web in the more-than-capable hands of Laura Gjovaag. If I come across online access in Columbus, I may blog a bit from there; if not, I'll be back Monday afternoon. Take it away, Laura!

0 comments: