Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Monday, July 07, 2003

Today's Buzz (NYT-Registration-Free!)

The blogosphere seems to be all abuzz today over this NYT op-ed, What I Didn't Find in Africa, linked via Google news so you don't have to deal with the NY Times overly-intrusive online registration process (and hey, guess what? their "breaking news" e-mail bulletins are now a premium service too!). My one-woman alterna-link crusade continues!

Speaking of busy bees, Julia (link at sidebar) has been blogging up a storm this past couple days, including bringing us another prime example of irony, a great review of a TV movie that I thought looked too silly to even watch, and a recommendation to sponsor Mary Beth Williams (link at sidebar) in this year's Blogathon. As Blogathon 2003 falls at the end of my vacation week I was considering participating in it too, probably earmarking my sponsor bucks toward the Global Fund for Women (one of Blogathon's suggested charities), but I don't want to step on Mary Beth's toes here. What do y'all think? Should I go for it? Would you sponsor me (and MB)?

0 comments: