Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Tuesday, July 08, 2003

Even Fantasy Stock Markets Make My Head Hurt

I blame Lis Riba (link at sidebar). Not only did she post a nice little autobio synopsis today, but she also linked to a whole bunch of places where she could check incoming links to her blog. I do this occasionally (see "I'm An Adorable Little Rodent!" at the sidebar) but I figured, hey, she's got it all laid out, I'll check them all. So I went on the fantasy stock market called Blogshares to check out how much I'm worth and see if I could start "investing" in other blogs - and I haven't a clue. I haven't had my site bid on in a month, although I've been really good about pinging weblogs.com whenever I update (at least when it's working!), and that's presumably where their bot/spider visits. Oh well, maybe it's because I hadn't "claimed" my blog yet (by putting the Blogshares logo and link on my sidebar), so I've done that now. I get the feeling that any investment activity will start if I visit my parents in a couple weeks. My dad seems to be real good at this sort of thing, and hey, it'll be something we can do together. (As for activities with Mom, well, that's what clothes shopping is for!) Update: Okay, this is really weird - I clicked on the sidebar link and it now shows that I bought 1000 shares of my own blog this afternoon. Do they automatically give you 1000 shares when you claim your blog? Head hurts...

0 comments: