Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, October 04, 2024

Silly Site o' the Day

Alas, no baseball today, as all the divisional playoffs begin tomorrow. I have a busy weekend ahead, including a Sunday visit to Mom who has now contracted COVID in the rehab place where she's been staying (thankfully asymptomatic so far). Maybe now I won't be mocked as much when I wear a mask in the place. So angry at their sloppiness! Just in case people somehow believe the pandemic is completely behind us; not in NJ it isn't! I will continue to mask up on all public transit and avoid super-spreader indoor gatherings as long as I can. Yeah, I miss comic conventions. But what I really miss are comic book conventions in the Before Times when I was younger. So honestly, I miss being younger. On the other hand, there's a lot to be said for the 21st century, like caffeinated ramen available in a squeeze bottle. Why don't they show stuff like that in Netflix Korea's "Culinary Class Wars" (which we've been obsessively binging)?

0 comments: