Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Thursday, October 03, 2024

Silly Site o' the Day

Well, you could have fooled me, and you did. After a busy workday where I got news of my annual raise and bonus (all good), I made it home in fairly record time (on Rosh Hashanah NYC roads are pretty empty) and settled in to watch the Mets lose the last wild card playoff game against the Brewers... at least I thought they had when Milwaukee got back-to-back home runs. I turned off the TV in the usual oh-well disappointment and went to sleep, only to be woken a short time later by Robin enjoining me to turn the TV back on. Wow, Pete Alonso with a 3-run homer in the 9th inning to put the Mets ahead! So it's now on to Philly, where the Mets are almost certain to lose to their divisional rivals, but hey, that's a good run considering where they were last year. Meanwhile, in the world of stunt bicycling:

Via Laughing Squid. Nope nope nope...


0 comments: