Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Thursday, September 12, 2024

Silly Site o' the Day

Back in Manhattan, and thank goodness the workday was so busy, as it didn't allow me enough downtime to think too much about Mom's current situation. I know she's being well cared for, but it feels like a seismic shift has happened, and as much as I've learned (largely from work) to be nimble and adaptive to change, sometimes I don't have an easy time of it. In any case, I was grateful to be kept on my toes today, I had tons of food around thanks to a couple of my partners giving me two slices of pizza to supplement my usual poke bowl, and the UN-related traffic so prevalent on Tuesday was nowhere to be found this afternoon so I got the bus (which even waited for me!) even earlier than usual and made it home before sundown. Fortunately, Humor Bagel (via BoingBoing) was nowhere to be found.

0 comments: