Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Thursday, August 01, 2024

Silly Site o' the Day

White Rabbits, and while I'm less than enthused about August at least September follows it, so we're getting closer to my favorite season. In the meantime, another Manhattan day with aching feet. At least I was able to get rid of lots of branded mugs and tumblers I'd amassed over the last decade, handing them off to a couple grateful coworkers. And there was a street fair outside our building, so I spent and ate way too much for lunch, but I can't help it, I'm a street fair junkie. I just hope I didn't catch anything from the fairgoers, but NY State seems to be the only state with relatively low COVID transmission. So far. I'm still masking on the bus, which thank goodness was air conditioned in both directions today. And I've showered Manhattan off me, and can rest my tired tootsies for the next four days. Off to watch some prerecorded Olympics now (can't wait to see live stuff tomorrow through Monday!), although I doubt there will be snail racing.

0 comments: