Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, July 26, 2024

Silly Site o' the Day

I didn't get a lot of sleep last night, but it didn't affect my job performance, and I got everything done between watching the best Olympics opening ceremony I've ever seen. I mean, it was just so superlative on so many levels, it'll take a long time to process it. So glad I was able to see it live, so disappointed I had no choice but to watch it on jingoistic American TV. I'm one of those viewers who cares about all the athletes, not just the Americans. According to Universal, we don't actually exist. We watch, therefore we must all be Team Oo-Ess-Eh. The ceremony being six hours ahead of us, it was all over with plenty of time to get ready for tonight's baseball games, although I'm looking forward to tomorrow when I can watch all the stuff I can only see every few years. Do they have creative sock stacking on cats this year, or is that still being worked on?

0 comments: