Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Silly Site o' the Day

What a "perfect storm" kind of day. I hardly slept at all last night as my neck was seriously hurting me, I was once again slammed with work, and I had to deal with my car's brand-new power steering belt coming off again. I had a feeling that "thunk thunk" noise it made on Saturday before it calmed down wasn't a good sign. The landlord's helper moved it out of the way of some work being done, as I was in Manhattan and couldn't do it, then handed the key to Robin announcing that the power steering had gone. Fortunately it's all under warranty and the auto shop guy came and picked it up. I even saw it sitting in the shop's parking lot from my homeward-bound bus. So I guess I'll pick it up Friday morning when I'm finally working from home again, and I'm sleeping with my travel neck pillow (and some ibuprofen) tonight so I can function again tomorrow. Then I got home and read that my friend, famous comics herstorian Trina Robbins, passed away, and it's just made for a hell of a day. Tomorrow has to be better. Although I'm also tempted to travel to the past in my head and play games like this.

0 comments: