Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, April 01, 2023

Silly Site o' the Day

White Rabbits, and happy April Fool's Day, the unofficial Best Holiday of Pen-Elayne on the Web! Before we get into my day (and it was one), here's WaPo's comprehensive list of every AFD brand or celeb-rated prank they could find; enjoy! Today was a great organizing day for me. After going grocery shopping in the rain to try and forget Liverpool's horrid loss to ManCity, I decided against going to Manhattan to take in the MOCCA Art Fest this weekend, as the weather looked iffy (to say the least) and I'd made no plans to meet anyone there. If I'm going to put wear and tear on my aching knees and suffer a 90-minute commute each way, I need payoff by seeing at least one friendly face. Next year I'll do use Facebook to make better social arrangements. Anyway, I used the home time productively and finally redid the linen closet so the stuff we use most is on more visible shelves. In the process I also reorganized our cleaning products, which are now half in the linen closet (insect repellants, laundry stuff, air fresheners) and half in the cat room (carpet fresheners, our Swiffer collection, various household cleaners) with a whole bunch of older and mostly-used bottles tossed. For my reward, I then settled down to watch the Mets win and the Yankees lose, and we decided to continue the spring cleaning theme and start emptying our freezer of the proteins that have been in there way too long. Tonight was a steak dinner, and tomorrow I make spaghetti and meatballs using ground turkey and a couple secret ingredients I've been dying to try. Lastly, I'm all caught up on reading the local weekly paper and my "pamphlet" comics (as opposed to graphic novels), so it's been a very productive day!

0 comments: