Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, March 18, 2023

Silly Site o' the Day

Robin was feeling a bit under the weather, so he slept for much of the morning and we resolved to shop tomorrow. However, I tried to get to the local gourmet store as soon as I could get dressed, just so we wouldn't have to hit two places tomorrow in case he still feels lousy. I can't believe I made such a rookie mistake. The situation around the supermarket was so dicey it felt like my car was cursed. Went twice around the block, almost found spots but there were things like big trucks blocking my exit or passengers who got in their cars and just... would... not... DRIVE AWAY already. So I returned home disheartened to the person who lifts all curses and resolved not to go out again (even though it was admittedly a lovely day for a drive to nowhere). Looks like team oo-ess-eh is making it to the semi-finals of the World Baseball Classic even though I was rooting way hard for Venezuela, which honestly makes no difference to me as there are MLB players on most every team anyway. Maybe I'm just having another existential crisis, in which case this Instagram account will come in handy.

0 comments: