Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, October 23, 2021

Silly Site o' the Day

I'd been both dreading and looking forward to this day for awhile. I think our trip to the Botanical Garden on Wednesday buoyed me a bit, as I'm definitely relaxing more in an outdoor setting near folks I know are vaccinated, but there's no way of knowing if all the folks in my old college fraternity are the same, as I haven't seen them in two years. Nonetheless, we ventured into the NJ mountains, where the foliage is abundant so I was quite happy with the drive, and spent two hours with lots of folks who knew me when. We were unmasked outside until we couldn't stay there any more due to the rain (which got heavy about two seconds after the group photo), then masked up indoors except while eating (and even then we tried to stay at least 3 feet apart from others, but I'm fairly certain everyone was double-vaccinated and a few even had their boosters like us. A really fun day, and now we'll see what the coming week or so brings but I suspect we'll be just fine; at least the stats are on our side. Ah, for the Before Times when folks sang songs like these around this time of the year:

Via BoingBoing.

0 comments: