Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Silly Site o' the Day

Bad insomnia last night. Noting I tried worked, and I couldn't get too drastic (ibuprofen PM) as I had work today. I wound up apologizing to the folks I support and taking a few hours off (I certainly have the accumulated Paid Time Off) to get some needed sleep. We were awoken around 6:15 PM by a call from Amazon with my shipment of diabetic multivitamins, but by the time we were fully awake I felt much better. A bit too late for the kitchen inventory, but as tonight seemed to be Anti-Semitism Awareness evening on PBS, including Henry Louis Gates interviewing three Jews of my-certain-age (Jeff Goldblum, Terry Gross, and Marc Maron) about their ancestry wherein anti-Semitism plays a major role, I think I know what I want to do after that - look through my college papers, particularly the ones I did for the "Your Family In History" course, and see if I can't Henry Louis Gates it up a bit, or at least transfer it to a digital document which won't get lost like the kitchenventory one did. Never too late to learn new things, as this "I was today years old" thread illustrates.

0 comments: