Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, November 17, 2018

Silly SIte o' the Day

Not only am I still feeling like crap (or maybe because I'm feeling under the weather), but I had a hell of a day outside the house. First was my medi-pedi, which should have taken 15 minutes but the podiatrist had a couple needy patients before me so it took almost an hour (poor Robin, I'd dragged him along with me so we could do all our errands at once). Then we bought wine for Thanksgiving at my cousin's house, and the employee at the wine store started telling us about what looked like a rosé but wasn't and he kept repeating a word over and over that we didn't get because of his accent and because we know so little about wine, so that was weird. Then the supermarket was packed like they were going out of business, which duh, Saturday before Thanksgiving plus all the alter kakers who couldn't get out Thursday and yesterday were wandering about aimlessly whilst almost expertly blocking aisles. Then we did our Endless Shrimp with Coupon thing at Red Lobster, which didn't have any of the things Robin had originally ordered. And those are the highlights. Weird-ass things just kept happening, crazy drivers and blow-ups for no reason on my part (my system is seriously out of whack, it's amazing Robin hasn't filed for divorce after how I've been today). But I managed to get a lot of household stuff done, did the washing-up twice, paid way too much attention to a cat, and almost broke into tears at this lovely ad:



Via Laughing Squid. You know it's the holiday season when I get all teary over adverts. I mean, really.

0 comments: