Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, June 08, 2018

Silly Site o' the Day

I feel like I really accomplished vacation-type stuff today. First off, I've fixed my Shakespeare-related comic book story (on page 4 now of probably 7 or so pages) so that the iambic quadrameter is now iambic pentameter, and I hope to finish that tomorrow. Secondly, I shopped at the same department store franchise that I'd visited with Mom on Wednesday, only this one was in Yonkers, and not only found everything I wanted but got a super-heavy discount on everything, plus I got my store card reinstated as it had been so long since I'd used the old one that it had been cancelled due to inactivity. Did all the grocery shopping as well. I really like shopping on a weekday, so much easier not to have to fight crowds. And tons of stuff is now gone from the DVR, I think we're down to around 40% or so. Still have to binge-watch Flash, Once Upon a Time and, perennially, Outlander. Not gonna happen during this vacation because I only have one day (Sunday's taken as we're attending the bris of the first cousin in the next generation of my extended family), but still pretty good. Also got a bunch of comics read, cleaned the kitchen and bathroom floors, and flattened all our boxes for hauling downstairs to the recycle bin. Although maybe I should have made good use of those boxes, like this. In any case, just about ready to go back to work!

0 comments: