Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, September 08, 2017

Silly Site o' the Day

Well, I was right, the day started off with a bit of a hangover and sharp pains in my left foot and didn't improve all that much. Still, I accomplished one of the two things I promised myself I'd do during the next four days. We'd bought new dishware to replace the ones we'd had which just weren't working out (bowls too deep and round, square dishes, really impossible to stand properly in the dish drain), and today was Dishware Replacement Day. As of this writing the second half of the batch is drying in the drain and ready to put away, and the old ones are all in plastic bags awaiting Robin's strength to take them down the two flights of stairs to the trash area. Other than that and putting away the laundry which had been sitting in the bag since Wednesday, I had no choice but to take it easy today. So we've mostly been watching the Weather Channel and eating food that I hope will settle my stomach. Zed has been his usual playful self, both on and off the cat towers with the scratching posts:



Here's hoping I can walk well enough to do tomorrow's errands!

0 comments: