Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, March 31, 2017

Silly Site o' the Day

The Great Migration is done. It being a Friday, all the people in charge of the moving parts wanted to get things done around 1:30 PM instead of 5, so by 2:30 I was settled into my new temporary desk, where I'm housed for the next month, and arranging things as best I can. Most of my decor went into storage, as the workstation I'm using belongs to another admin who's out on leave and comes back a couple weeks after I make my "permanent" move to the other side of the floor. Lucky me, I'm now on the only floor without clear passages from the "uptown" side to the "downtown" side, so it'll be a schlep every time I shadow my predecessor. On the other hand, this is the floor where almost all my Rothstein Kass coworkers ended up, so it was like old home week. Lots of great conversations and a very welcoming feeling. Not as much privacy so I'll have to be mindful of the computer windows I have open, but as an admin I think I can practice Last Word (via BoingBoing) without any problems.

0 comments: