Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, December 06, 2015

To Robin at 54

Rob, we've never had a conventional relationship, but I think more couples probably say that than are given credit for. It's been unusual yet eerily fated. I know I don't have to write this, since we pretty much show each other how much we love each other all the time. I learn something new from you every day, for which I'm always grateful. Your accent will probably thrill me for years to come, as will your amazing talent; when you drew that Hulk on the iPad Pro sample in the store today I was totally blown away, even though I've seen you do it at conventions for years. I still get freaked out - in a good way - at the alarming frequency with which we say the same thing at the same time, as we have since the very beginning. I'm so happy with you, and so proud of you. You make me laugh, you're a caring partner and you're my best friend. And no matter how old you get, remember, you will still be (give or take) four years younger than me. Loving you, kid.

0 comments: