Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, December 06, 2015

Silly Site o' the Day

This has been a pretty good birthday for Robin, although it started out kind of shaky. We picked Mom up from my brother's house and drove her back home yesterday, which meant staying overnight there since my night driving ain't what it used to be. On the one hand, it gave us a chance to try the local sushi place in the area for dinner (big thumbs up!); on the other hand, I never do well sleeping in beds other than my own. But once we were on the road today things turned around quickly; it was a lovely day for a drive through parts of NJ I haven't seen since college, or like never, and we stopped in the Apple store in Freehold to make a purchase with NJ tax instead of the usual NY tax, after which we hopped up the length of the Garden State Parkway (no trucks, hurrah!) then back across the NYS Thruway to the Palisades Center for yet more sushi and some grocery shopping at Target. I'm still punchy even though I had a nap this afternoon, so as soon as I do my annual message to Robin on his birthday I'm probably hitting the hay. One thing we didn't do that I kind of wish we could, if we didn't live inconveniently far away city-wise, is try the hot pizza-on-pizza action at Vinnie's in Brooklyn. Thanks for those disturbing yet fascinating images, Laughing Squid!

0 comments: