Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, January 30, 2015

Silly Site o' the Day

Now that our Entertainment Weekly sub has lapsed, I'm not as up on imminent TV shows as I used to be, so I was pleasantly surprised to find a PBS series about Shakespeare. The one we watched was about my favorite play, A Midsummer Night's Dream, so how could I not? Took me right back to my high school and college days, when I was mad for Shakespeare, which probably jump-started my Anglophilia and eventually led to... well, my current marriage, I suppose. One reason I like it so much is that the only deaths are staged (amid deliberately bad writing showcasing actors playing deliberately bad theatre amateurs). Awhile back io9 had this great infographic of the deaths in many of Shakespeare's tragedies, so you know, this is why I tend to prefer comedies to tragedies.

0 comments: