Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Monday, July 04, 2011

Silly Site o' the Day

Happy Independence Day to my fellow US citizens! Although we're pretty much binational here, and I have no intention of achieving independence from Robin. In fact, I quite like many British things and people, including Charlie Brooker, to whose videos Susie introduced me. Here's a series entitled How TV Ruined Your Life.

Part 1 - Fear:



Part 2 - The Life Cycle:



Part 3 - Aspiration:



Part 4 - Love:



Part 5 - Progress:



Part 6 - Knowledge:



Happy viewing! We of course will be watching 1776 today, which ties into the Aspiration video with my favorite Peter Stone quote: "Don't forget that most men with nothing would rather protect the possibility of becoming rich than face the reality of being poor. And that's why they will follow us to the right, ever to the right..."

0 comments: