Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Silly Site o' the Day

Well, turns out Cablevision is playing silly buggers again, this time with Newscorp. The email they sent out to subscribers mentions Fox's "corporate greed" but you know there are no good guys here. This is the third channel dispute Cablevision has had this year; we were without Food Network and other Scripps channels for about three weeks at the beginning of 2010, and we lost ABC for a few days right before the Oscars (it actually came back on air ten minutes into the Oscar telecast). I wouldn't care that much in this case - I mean, it is Fox, after all, I only really watch the Sunday night cartoons which I can view on Hulu for now, and fortunately the Fox Soccer Channel remains unaffected. But if the Yankees do take the Rangers in the current ALCS I'll be a bit miffed if I can't watch my World Series. Ah well, at least we can all still mock Murdoch's beast, and About.com wants to help with this handy list of Fox News Follies.

0 comments: