Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Silly Site o' the Day

Chanukah (aka The Holiday of the Alternate English Spellings) starts tonight, and naturally I don't have enough candles, so I'm headed out shortly to buy some. I'll never understand how I can start with a couple boxes of 44 (exactly the amount needed for the eight days) and wind up with a half-filled box. Mom happens to be coming in for Chanukah, staying with my Aunt Kenie for the week, so I'm hoping to drive up to Rockland County next weekend to see her since this weekend's all taken up with errands and parties. Poor Mom, she's not used to the winter cold, living as she does in the desert in the winters (although she tells me it was 36 degrees in Vegas a couple days ago). Maybe she should take Tom Leher's advice:



Via Mark Evanier.

0 comments: