Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Mo' Photos

Because I wanted to empty the camera prior to this evening's company holiday party, and because I wanted to fill the content column of this blog so it comes closer to matching the length of my sidebar.



I can't believe Robin can cut avocado so neatly and thin, so I had to take a photo of this "deconstructed tuna salad" (okay, tuna and avocado and mayo on a plate) that he made for himself.



Sunrise on the morning of my 52nd birthday last week, December 2. I decided that was a good day to take the camera to work, in case anything interesting happened. Nothing really did, but I got a lot of nice photos of decorated office buildings.



You'll need to click to embiggen this. One of the trees at Columbus Circle in the early morning. It looks a lot neater in the evenings.



Pretty, wreath'y building!



Love the candy canes.



I had to go to the bank (lower right) at lunch to cash a check, so I snapped my yearly photo of the Hanging Snowflake at 57th Street and Fifth Avenue.



The Hanging Snowflake, closer up.

Lastly, here are some protesters at Times Square (mostly in the background):



There were three different sets of protesters in the miserable cold rain that evening. I believe these folks were the gay rights demo in response to the idiotic NY legislature. There were also two anti-war groups further down Times Square.

0 comments: