Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, October 30, 2009

Silly Site o' the Day

Well, it turns out the roughest part of the procedure for me wasn't the prep or even the anesthesia, but the procedure itself. Not only was I not knocked out, it didn't even feel like I was sedated. Lots of fun abdominal pain. But it's done now, all being well I don't have to get another colonoscopy for ten years, and I can finally eat again! Naturally, one of the first DVR'ed shows I watched when we got back was this past week's Top Chef, and I was even happier about who got PYKAG'ed. Now we're busy catching up on other unwatched shows we've recorded during the baseball postseason, and I just caught the funniest rapid-fire meta-bit I've seen in many months on the brilliant sitcom Community:
Character 1, ending conversation: Cheers.
Character 2, passing by, misconstruing: M*A*S*H.
Character 3, English: Fawlty Towers, game over, have a nice day.
Okay, you had to "be there." Speaking of meta, do you think anyone will remember and understand this Untergang riff on "Balloon Boy," like, even a month from now?:



Via Xeni at BoingBoing, who's quickly becoming a regular on Rachel Maddow's show.

0 comments: