Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Silly Site o' the Day

Well, I'm home early from work, as tomorrow I'm undergoing a certain procedure that requires me to drink a certain liquid concoction at regular intervals this afternoon and then to be near the "reading room" for much of the evening. Have I used enough euphemisms yet? Alas, Robin is feeling under the weather, but we're confident he'll be right as rain tomorrow, as I need to be accompanied from the hospital and I suddenly realized that I don't have a Backup Buddy. I must do something about that. Hey, you local-to-NYC Pen-Elayne readers, would any of you be my Backup Buddy for things like this in case Rob can't make it in future?

And speaking of the future, I hope I'll be in good enough shape by tomorrow afternoon to do a long-postponed blogaround and close some open bookmarks, and we all gain an hour on Sunday due to the end of Daylight Saving Time (or British Summer Time). Here's a lovely video that Carolyn Ibis found and emailed me reminding all Brits about the upcoming time change:



With any luck, by the time this all happens the Yankees will have won at least one World Series game.

0 comments: