Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Silly Site o' the Day

Thanks to my job's health insurance, I was able to get a visual field test (which I passed with flying colors), images taken of the backs of my eyes (ewww) and another pressure test at my ophthalmologist's office this afternoon. All this high-tech equipment confirmed that my eyes are still A-OK, a major concern for me as I have a bit of family history in that area. Unfortunately, the subway and bus I took both chose this afternoon to suffer delays, and I arrived at the doctor's office almost 45 minutes late, and with plenty of body aches to show for it. My eyes are almost back to normal, but my muscles are screaming. At least I was able to make dinner okay. Speaking of which, ever since I was a kid eating alphabet soup, I've always wanted to spell things out with food. And other stuff, too. Like We Make Words (via Robyn Lee at Serious Eats). Picturesque!

0 comments: