Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Bulked Up, Evil and Talking

So even though it's been nine months and counting since Robin has had a pencilling or inking assignment (hey Marvel and DC, did I mention "fast and good and reliable"?), I'm still reading a lot of comics, having just about made it through the DCU portion of our comp boxes, and I admit I'm still a bit of a closet comics geek. So I heard about this professional Congressional idiot who screamed at the President yesterday, which nobody has ever done during a joint session address because most Congresscritters, like 'em or hate 'em, are adults and know that you respect the office even if you disagree, and besides which, you're no longer in kindergarten, y'know? Then I learn the guy's name is Joe Wilson, and I kid you not, the first thing I thought was, "well, that explains it, any Titans fan can tell you that Jericho's gone crazy from all the voices in his head, the residue of all those evil people he's jumped into over the years." Yeah, time was that Joey Wilson was my favorite character, and I keep hoping that somehow he'll be brought back to the kind, peace-loving, musical, somewhat randy hippie he used to be. But everyone has a limit, and I think this kerfuffle last night was one unprofessional outburst too many.

0 comments: