Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Silly Site o' the Day

Upon discovering that LinkedIn has a job search mechanism (and subsequently finding a job or two for which I applied), I decided yesterday to create a new Firefox folder called Social Networks so I can keep track of, let's see where I've signed up so far... well, Buzznet of course, back when I couldn't yet upload to Flickr or YouTube as I do now; P.O.W.E.R. in Comics, ComicSpace and MySpace; Facebook (probably the one that intrigues me the most, although I don't play the "apps" games there) and LinkedIn; Digg, Ning, StumbleUpon and Twitter. Have I missed anything? Speaking of which, Budgie found this really cool application for anyone with Twitter called the TweetWheel. Here's a screen capture:



If you go to the actual page you can run your cursor over all of the Twitter friends I follow to see how many friends they have in common with me, but I just think it looks pretty.

0 comments: