Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Silly Site o' the Day

It's almost 9 PM Eastern, and time for the penguin atop your television to explo-- no wait, I meant, time for Firesign chat. I'm still pissed that no Firesign routines made it into the 50 Greatest Comedy Sketches of All Time, although I didn't expect them to make the British equivalent. Maybe it's because so much of their greatest stuff was audio-only, or maybe because they were regarded by many not as the pioneers they were but as yet another variation on the stoner comedy made most famous by Cheech and Chong. (Look it up, kids, they were the Harold and Kumar of their time.) Speaking of which, Gerard leads us to High Times' Cannabis Cup Name Generator. Apparently my "stoner" name is Siberian Tiger Bluntmaster. Ooh, kitty! I guess it's to advertise some DVD produced about five years ago. I could make a stoner joke saying that it's not surprising it took them five years to go from DVD to name generator, but that would be cheap.

0 comments: