Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Silly Site o' the Day

Holy cannoli, that meta-post took a lot out of me! But it's a good kind of tired; I feel like I'm finally starting to regain my writing energy, something I've been hoping for since my last job left me. I think the biggest leap is finally deciding, "I'm going to write before I read instead of after." That's a huge mental shift for me as a writer, it's so ingrained in me that you must read in order to write. It took some effort to realize that saying doesn't apply to a daily routine but rather to life in general, and I hope that rearranged thinking frees me up a bit. I also hope this illness is finally leaving me; aside from the lingering cough, I'm almost up to 90% strength now. Finally went downstairs to get the mail, and discovered I've been called for jury duty on February 19. It goes back to one of Robin's favorite sayings, "everything happens for a reason." Better to get sick now, to have jury duty now, than to have anything like that interrupting a new job. Too bad they don't process mail-in passport apps there. My other goal for this month and beyond is to shore up my Silly Site listing; right now it consists mostly of generators, but I think with more blogging I'll start attracting more readers and they'll bring some Silly Site suggestions with them. Today's offering is Universcale, via Hanan. Very cool stuff.

0 comments: