Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Silly Site o' the Day

As I was just on my way out to see the dermatologist (*sigh* yet another topical Rx for this annoying eczema) my former employer called, wanting to know if (a) I've sent in my COBRA health coverage money yet (I didn't even receive the letter with the amount due until yesterday) and (b) I might consider coming in for a day or so, for which I'd get paid. If I were more awake (it was another rough night) I'd have said "sure, I'll come in if you consider my COBRA paid for the month" but it gave me too much pleasure to say "no thank you." Aside from the health thing hey have no further hold over me, as my severance period has officially ended. I'm sure at this point, with my skills and all the positive interviews I've had this month, it's just a matter of time before it's all a moot point and my life can once again move forward. For now, I'm keeping up with my present obligations of reading and writing -- my latest ComicMix column is up -- and, well, as little 'rithmetic as I can help. Speaking of which, Ann Bartow leads me to the satiric news site NewsBiscuit, which has all kinds of kooky numbers as well as lots of other fun items.

0 comments: