Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Silly Site o' the Day

Tomorrow is the day everything changes for me, as my successor starts at the office. As there are no working computers set up in any offices other than those belonging to the few employees left, this means my online access will probably be severely curtailed during the day in the three weeks between now and the end of the month, which will be spent training my successor and cleaning out all my ten years of accumulated stuff. Just means I'm going to have to majorly shift how I do things after I get home; from now on I'll have to be a little more disciplined, and situate myself in front of the laptop immediately instead of turning on the TV, so I can catch up on blog reading and ComicMix stuff.

Speaking of the office, Mark Evanier notes that production has shut down on NBC's show The Office where star (and WGA member) Steve Carell "has been calling in sick with what he claims is a case of 'enlarged balls'." Office costar Jenna Fischer confirms the work stoppage and links to this amusing video featuring the showrunner and other members of the writing staff (a few of whom, as you probably know, also double as cast members):



And here's a nice neat encapsulation of the writers' strike via Bob Harris:



Considering the clever use the writers have made of online video, can anyone honestly say they don't deserve to be compensated when their producers make use of their work online?

Update: Speaking of showrunners, you want to keep up with Nikki Finke's Dateline Hollywood Daily blog for the most comprehensive news and analysis about yesterday's showrunners meeting.

0 comments: