Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Calm Between the Storms Blogaround

I still can't shake the probably-hypochondriacal anxiety I've been feeling all day, but I've gotten through my entire immediate workload (leaving only further file cleanout in the inner office, and my muscles tell me I've done enough for today) and caught up on blog-reading, and before I move on to other matters I need to clean out my saved bookmarks:

• It seems wherever you go you'll find a version of "Where are all the women [insert profession or hobby]?" The latest version I came across, via Robyn at Serious Eats, deals with top-line female chefs. Seriously y'all, the more things change...

• Although Hallowe'en is over, Melissa's post about costumes -- which is really a post about flashers -- is still mandatory reading I had to deal with at least two pretty traumatic exposure incidents (that I recall) when I was younger, and I agree that when you're victimized by this sort of thing it totally ceases to be amusing. Echidne has some good thoughts on the subject as well.

• I'd never heard about the "Chinatown bus phenomenon" until Lindsay blogged about it. Now I have DC2NY bookmarked in case I ever want to schlep to Washington DC and not drive.

What Donna said.

• Congratulations to Bob Greenberger on his election! And Curt Schilling reports he's re-upped with the Sox.

• Lastly, Mustang Bobby reminds us that the good guys aren't supposed to stoop to the level of the bad guys.

And that leaves me with just about half an hour to check my Google Reader blogs for ComicMix before leaving for the day...

0 comments: