Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Silly Site o' the Day

I'm doing a happy dance. We got yet another DC comp box yesterday, only a couple weeks after the last one which I've barely touched. The books within, which I alphabetized and otherwise organized this morning before taking off for work, seem to go to up maybe last week, so when I get through reading all those comics I'll finally be almost caught up to most other comics bloggers. My Midtown box also arrived on Monday so I'm current through last week on the non-DC comics as well, at least once I start reading everything. I love having lots of stuff waiting for me to read, about as much as Robin likes having pencilled pages waiting for him on his drawing board. It's like a feeling of security and purpose.

The rest of the Phase III info has been printed, and the Huge Ass Project now consists of just the data entry, which I will definitely be able to knock off by next week. I'm in good shape with my blog reading, my stomach bug seems to have run its course, thanks to continuing therapy I can finally lift my left leg without pain and stiffness (as I did a couple times yesterday before I even realized I was doing it), and did I mention this is my absolute favorite time of the year? Of course, I'm still awash in sorrow at this year's losses, and part of me feels like the Alistair Sim version of Scrooge when he observes "I don't deserve to be this happy" after his redemption dream, but if you refuse to latch onto joy when it appears then what's the point, you know?

So laugh when you can. Laugh out loud. In fact, read some LOL Books (via Terry). And breathe deeply the promise of autumn and fullness.

0 comments: