Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Silly Site o' the Day

Omelettes made with yesterday's fresh-cut herbs and some 'shrooms I needed to use or toss; showered and dressed; ComicMix week-in-review post written and an idea germinated for my next column (I like to write 'em on Sundays); and now it's time to tackle my three massive News+Views sections of unread posts (Gals, Guys and Groups), or at least a part of it before meeting my lovely cousin Faith at the Palisades Mall to shop for her much-belated graduation gift. Don't know if I passed this one on before but Zuzu blogged it so I'm doing so now (or again): the BBC America British-American dictionary, complete with a front-page explanation of Cockney rhyming slang. Alas, we are still in the Land That BBC America Forgot which, considering an Englishman lives in this house, is just as bad as having been in the Land That Food Network forgot for all those years.

0 comments: