Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Silly Site o' the Day

Finally caught up, or I will be again once I do my Liberal Coalition blogaround in a bit. Then I can catch up on financial filing and do some work for my "second job" with the startup website to be revealed later (basically writing up my bio, which will be a bit tricky as my area of professional expertise is secretarial and administrative, but when it comes to writing and editing I'm literally an amateur compared with most of the others involved in the venture). I actually slept last night - not unbroken, but I got in enough hours and the cat didn't wake us until 7 - so I should be able to concentrate, particularly if the weather isn't as balmy (in both senses of the word). Rob read me this article from today's NY Times which started out covering a Polar Bear Club protest (there's constructive activism for you, speak out against global warming by bowing your heads and turning your backs on the Atlantic Ocean) and quickly devolved further into this nonsensical paragraph:
Although global warming is a popular theory for the Northeast’s warm winter, the Weather Service cited a specific meteorological cause. "We have a mild air mass that we're in right now, kind of tropical in nature," said John Murray, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service in Upton, N.Y. "The cold air masses in Canada have stayed up there."
Wow, I don't see how more specific and technical you can get than that! As French newscaster Melissa Theuriau might put it,




Newscaster image generator via Gerard, of course.

0 comments: