Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, December 22, 2006

Christmas Cheer

Robin decided the holiday table I'd photographed in this post looked a bit bare, and as I got out of work early today he wanted to stock up on "beer, crisps and chocolate" for the coming week's festivities. So we headed to Stew Leonard's, then to Food Emporium, then to Tierney (a local Irish food shop) and, um, another AYCE sushi dinner, and returned with, well, probably more than we had last year, particularly considering yesterday's sojourn to Garden Gourmet for clementines and red-fleshed oranges. But first, I had to light the candles:



The eighth day and I didn't set the curtains afire! On the other hand, I still haven't made latkes; probably tomorrow...

Okay, here's the spread now. As before, click on any picture to see it enlarged. This was one of my photos:



And this is one Robin took from the other angle:



He also snapped a photo of all the alcohol we bought, which we approximate will last us through the summer. At least that'll be the case with the red wine, which I'm told is a great antioxidant and should be good for keeping my blood pressure low, so I'm trying to develop a taste for it and learn exactly what type I like.



Lastly, Rob took a number of shots of the whole living room display as seen from our usual vantage point on the recliners. This is a panorama stitched together from two shots that more or less matched even though Robin hadn't intended them to when he took the photos.



I'd say at this point that we're ready for the holiday weekend!

0 comments: