Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Silly Site o' the Day
Less than an hour until Stage 2 of the World Cup begins. England plays tomorrow and Brazil doesn't play again until Tuesday, but there's no reason I can't get geared up anyway. Via my old friend Sean Haugh (and later found by the Generator Blog), if you played for Brazil, what would your name be? I chose #23 (Sean knows why) and I'm "Rito Da Costa." I love Robin's generated name - at #10, he's "Robildo." I'm going to keep calling him that whilst we watch the game. Meanwhile in England, via the Improbable Research blog, "Monkey gangs steal England flags." Apparently the baboons at Knowsley Safari Park in Merseyside usually swipe windshield (windscreen) wipers, but maybe park officials have had the telly on too long and they've become football fans recently...

0 comments: