Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Silly Site o' the Day

A rare "free day" with both my boss (the CEO) and my de facto other boss (the COO) out of the office. A little light data entry to do for the Controller, a little filing, and if I'm lucky not that much to follow up on for the boss' wife in my uncompensated capacity of personal assistant, or for our tenants in my uncompensated capacity of property manager. Maybe I can even go out for lunch today, and buy that new food bowl for the only-too-well-compensated cats-- damn, I spoke too soon; between starting and finishing this post I've had to deal with two tenant items...

But hey, it's going to be near 80 degrees today, ice cream weather! Speaking of which, Ben & Jerry's is having a contest where you can create a B&J flavor and submit it by the end of July for one of five chances at a 4 day/3 night trip for two in October to visit their Waterbury plant (and I imagine Vermont in October is pretty neat) and participate in their "Flavor Finals" showdown event, where the Grand Prize winner will be determined by a special panel of judges; and said GP winner gets their flavor delivered in bulk to their local B&J shop for an ice cream party for themselves and 19 other folks (although they don't pay for transportation to and from the shop, and by the time that party rolls around it'll probably be winter and ice cream in winter is probably a waste). Anyway, the reason I mention it is I'll be entering my flavor today, care of the Flavor Generator found by the Generator Blog.

0 comments: