Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Silly Site o' the Day

Well, that didn't help at all. My doctor said there was nothing to be done about my shoulder pain, which she believes may be tendinitis, except get some physical therapy on it. I wish I could still go to my friend Jan, I miss seeing her so much and she's such an expert! But I no longer work in Manhattan, and she doesn't take my company's insurance, so I'll try to get things done locally with a total stranger. The pain has receded at least to the point where I can turn my head to the left (a necessity when driving around here and trying to merge into oncoming traffic!) without wincing too loudly, and just about slip a shirt on and off, and I seem to have mobility again while sitting and standing. Still can't lie on my side though, which unfortunately is how I sleep. Hoping the cold pack and/or heating pad and ibuprofin regimen helps, although my ALT levels don't like OTC pain-relieving drugs of any sort. Naturally, since I've been taking said medications a couple times daily, today would be the day she drew blood again to retest my ALT levels... Anyway, hoping to be okay again for the weekend, as I've finally given in to Robin and agreed to sit through Star Wars Episode Three, Let's Get Sithical. Which brings me to a site recommended by John at pleasant, where Darth Vader looks for his wife only to find her in another movie.

0 comments: