Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

D-Day

D as in Depressed. Not only is the shoulder problem not going away soon, but my boss returns to the country in two weeks, which means today is pretty much the last day I could have gone job-hunting and expected to be able to set up job interviews prior to his return. It was a good month and a half, I had four interviews and one call back, which was better than the last time I was able to look for a new job, but I received no offers. I think one place was going to offer me the position, but from what I saw the psychological fallout of that job would have been too similar to the one I have now, with none of the positive aspects (not the best commute, no internet access, no direct deposit, I'd have to start a probationary period for insurance and vacation, etc.), and they'd have taken out so much for health insurance that I'd actually be making less money even with a higher base salary.

I'm leaving the link to my resume on the sidebar, because I still do want out of here even if I won't be able to go on interviews again until the end of August, and D also stands for Damn Good Executive Assistant, which I am. I have over 25 years' experience, I type well over 100 wpm on good days (around 95 on bad ones), goodness knows I can find my way around the 'net pretty easily, I'm even a Notary Public. If you know of any Exec Assistant job openings in Manhattan or Westchester County, please email me; thanks!

0 comments: