Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Estrogen Month - Day 16

Not too much from me today, I fear; I've succumbed to periodic sneezing fits as my body tries to expel the last of this nasty illness. Also lots of job-stuff to do. The why's and wherefore's of Estrogen/Women in Blogging Month can be found in this post. As of this typing there are 14 Gals in Waiting who have earned more than one vote, 34 women with one vote each, and I'm not going to try to count the number of GIWs with no votes yet because I keep adding to that list every time I start reading blogs. I have no idea why folks like Stephen Levy have such a problem finding us (yes, I've e-mailed him about that article); as you can see by my Bloglines bookmarks as well as my sidebar, I've found hundreds of women bloggers without even trying, and that's just on the liberal-left side of the political blogosphere! Just goes to show you, if you actually look for something that you suspect might exist, the chances are very good that you'll find it. Unless we're talking about WMD in Iraq or something...

Since there are so many Gals in Waiting with no votes, I've been trying to highlight a number of them using asterisks, so they go more to the top of that list; this doesn't mean the non-asterisked names don't deserve a worthy once-over, but I only have so many hours in the day and these are the gals who happened to catch my fancy today:

Amy Langfield (Amy's New York Notebook)

Ginmar (A View From A Broad)

Granny (grannyinsanity - on the edge in montana)

Joanne Jacobs

Lisa (Democratic Wings)

SB (Watermark) - she's posted a lot in our comments sections too

Susan Paxton (An Age Like This)

Sylvia Paull (Berkeley Blog)

The News Writer (What It Is Today)

Feel free to cast your votes for any of the above-mentioned women, or any of the others in my three Gals in Waiting sections - voting continues in the comments section!

0 comments: