Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Monday, January 24, 2005

Silly Site o' the Day

Well, that was an interesting commute. Not white-knuckle inducing, but very, very long. I'm glad we shoveled yesterday! Streets weren't that bad in the Bronx, except the city could only plow one lane on many of the side streets because of the cars parked/buried on either side. Overturned SUV monster, completely upside down, on the Cross County this morning, leading to bumper-to-bumper one lane for about 15-20 minutes. Once I got off I found my car, and many others, stuck behind a sanitation truck for about 20-25 minutes on what would normally be a five-minute traverse. Then there was the snow blindness... took me about an hour and fifteen minutes just to get to the building my boss owns, by which time all available plowed parking lot spaces in the back were filled so our porter directed me to the customer parking area for our tenant the bank (property management has its privileges!). Wish I were home with some Twinkies sushi (via Tom Negrino at Backup Brain).

0 comments: