Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Monday, January 24, 2005

Silly Site Lovers of the World, Unite!

In 2004 I linked to at least one Silly Site every single day. Given my Real Life, sometimes it was the only post for which I had time and/or inclination, but it was my way of giving readers at least one new-content post (and perhaps a smile) daily. Some Silly Sites were political, some cultural, some (like me) just pretty much uncategorizable. My Silly Site series, which I intend to continue for as long as I maintain interest, has been nominated for a Koufax Award for Best Series. I highly doubt I'll make it past the first round, as most kudos seem to be going to far more serious and thought-provoking and academic and overtly political series. But it would be nice to get a vote other than my own. So if you're so inclined (and if you believe, as I do, that there should sometimes be more to life than one-track blogging), please consider casting a vote for me in this category. As a side note, I'm very happy and grateful that I've been nominated for two Koufaxim (yes, we use the "im" plural as a default at the Riggs Residence) for this past year, as I'd never previously been officially nominated for any.

0 comments: