Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Silly Site o' the Day

Has anybody mentioned to Air America that it's rather a conflict of interest to loudly, almost smarmily proclaim "Ignore-Guration Day" whilst at the same time airing ads for an NBC special about Bush and the inauguration? Just saying. Me, I have better things to do; we started watching the Return of the King extended-to-umpteen-hours DVD last night, so I think that'll take us at least through the upcoming snowy weekend. And really, for those who can't get enough of the little gnome's face, it's not like you can't put him in your yard or anything. (Via The American Street.) If you had a yard, that is. We have a top-floor apartment and a parking space and a landlord who only upped our second-year rent by $50/month which is really good for non-rent-controlled places in NYC (and I'm not being charged for parking!), so I'm not complaining. Oh, and we also have a car, which reminds me, my Cultivate Peace car ribbon magnet came in yesterday, really quick and fairly inexpensive and as soon as the snows pass I'm affixing it...

0 comments: