Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Tuesday, June 10, 2003

Marking the Spot

One of the disadvantages to trading off blogrolling one day and comics boards another and just-plain-workload the next (today was a mixture of the last two) is that sometimes I miss some great stuff, and by the time I tell people about it they're all like "oh yeah, I knew about that, where have you been?" Been working, okay? :) Anyway, have I praised Mark Evanier enough yet? He's started two terrific services on his blog (link at sidebar), one called the Comic Website of the Day (for standup comics) and the other the Comic Artist Website of the Day. He also led me to this very cogent what-if meeting scenario between Dennis Miller circa 1988 and the Dennis Miller of today (a great example of how you may be the most erudite observer around but you're never going to be as funny when you mock people with no political or societal power as when you mock the people who have that power). Besides all that, Mark just writes damn well. Update on 6/11: And I didn't say that in the hopes of reciprocation, but he went ahead and made my day anyway (and with the kind of day I'm having, his returned compliment mattered a lot)...

0 comments: