Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Monday, June 09, 2003

It Never Rains But...

Looks like June's shaping up to be a busy month for us both. My boss is in for most of the next three weeks, prior to going away for eight weeks, so time feels a bit compressed for me at the office right now. And Rob's got some more work coming down the pike; soon to grace his drawing board will be pages from books by this company and this one and this one as well. I've been pretty good about exercising daily, either on the bike for 10 (usually in the dark, which Rob seems to find ninja-like for some reason) or walking 20+ NYC blocks on the evenings when Rob meets me in the city. And I'm getting psyched to do the comics filing (see yesterday's entry) and update the WDC and ISW lists by month's end (so now would be a good time to e-mail me updates and changes and links and so forth), and possibly even upload some more old Pen-Elayne reviews to the site. Come July I should have enough energy and free time to attempt to jump-start my comics storytelling, now that I'm "4 for 4" in published comics writing-albeit-not-for-pay (okay, actually 3½ for 3½ as this one was co-written).

But for now, getting through the rest of the month is enough for me. That and awards shows - Mark Evanier (link at sidebar) has, as ever, a pretty good review of last night's Tonys, although I'm surprised he didn't consider that the suddenly non-working microphones during the recitation of "I Write America" from Def Poetry Jam might have been a bit more than coincidence. And the latest CBG (#1544) arrived today, with a picture of Robin in it (see my entry on May 3 where I talk about playing photographer for Tony Isabella's "Farewell Tour '03" when it whooshed through NYC). Having a "famous" and working husband is a very cool thing indeed.

0 comments: